Move-In Day is Thursday, August 21, 2014*
Bear Beginnings is Thursday, August 21 - Sunday, August 24, 2014
Parent & Family Orientation is Thursday, August 21 - Friday, August 22, 2014
*Unless you are arriving early for a Pre-Orientation Program
By participating in Bear Beginnings, students should be able to:
- Understand the academic expectations and intellectual community at Washington University
- Identify choices and behaviors that may impact their peers and their community
- Know how to access information about campus resources that will help them to be successful inside the classroom
- Know how to access information about co-curricular opportunities
- Connect to faculty, administration, staff or a current student
- Meet other new students and begin to identify a peer group
- Feel prepared for their first week of classes.
- Feel connected to and pride for WUSTL, their school or college and their Residential College.
- Identify social and cultural opportunities and resources in the St. Louis community
- Have fun!
Information regarding parent & family seating for
Convocation on Thursday, August 21, 2014 - 7:30 PM
Doors will open at 6:45 PM for parent and family seating. Due to construction of the Sumers Recreation Center, seating in the Athletic Complex for families and guests is extremely limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note, the majority of seating in the Athletic Complex is limited to bleachers and requires the ability to climb stairs. Alternate seating with a live televised broadcast of the ceremony is available in Graham Chapel and Mallinckrodt Center’s Edison Theatre. Guests with small children or mobility limitations, requiring the use of wheelchairs or chairs with back support, may want to consider these alternate viewing areas. Families in the alternate viewing areas will be closer to the Brookings Quadrangle where all new students will gather with their families to close the Convocation Ceremony.